A journalist and historian in Gothenburg, Sweden
My name is Oskar Brandt. I’m a journalist in Gothenburg and have an M.A. in history.
Right now, I’m an editor at Gothenburg Natural History Museum.
During the fall of 2021, I was an archivist for Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg.
Before that I was a writer for Positiva Pengar. There I was creating and translating journalist, copy, blog and PR texts about the economical development.
Journalist in Gothenburg
As a journalist in Gothenburg, I express myself rapidly, easily and correctly in spoken and written Swedish, English and Latin at an academic level and at an intermediate level in French. I do also know a little bit of German. I can have very basic, simple conversations in Italian and Spanish, thanks to all of my other language skills.
In 2020, I wrote an idea and debate book ”Överlevnad – för samhället och människorna” (Survival – for society and the people). It’s about restoring the Scandinavian model in Sweden and about relieving stress and anxiety for my country’s inhabitants. It’s in Swedish, but you may buy it here.
Between the years 2015 and 2020, I did enjoy a position as an information officer for Psychiatry Psychosis, Sahlgrenska University Hospital. There, I wrote journalistic articles about its staff, activities and methods of treatment for internal and external use. I did also write articles and feature articles for all of the psychiatry for adults at Sahlgrenska University Hospital. I do also produce online videos. I’ve written freelance articles for, amongst others, Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborgs-Posten and GU Journalen. I’ve been an information officer for the School of Global Studies (University of Gothenburg). There, I translated between Swedish and English, wrote journalistic articles and was responsible for updating the web site in InfoGlue. Over time, I have upheld different positions as a journalist, information officer or copywriter.
For two and a half years I was working as a journalist in Gothenburg at the local Gothenburg paper “På Plats i Väster” and the health magazine “Hälsa och friskvård”. There, I wrote journalistic and feature articles and took press photos. One of my first media positions was as a writer at the City Museum of Mölndal. There, I wrote and edited journalistic and feature articles, commercial ads, and was the editor of two museum exhibition catalogues. I created and executed communication strategies, took a great responsibility for translating the web site into English and did proofreading.
In June, 2001, I graduated as a journalist in Gothenburg from the programme for this at JMG (University of Gothenburg).
As a journalist in Gothenburg, I am creative, sociable and analytical. Experienced in holding oral presentations from my university studies and from a position as a senior high school teacher of Latin.
Easily work both individually and in groups. Proficient in gathering, structuring, creating, and analyzing information.
Work samples are to be found under the link ”Publicerat” at https://www.oskarbrandt.com
- Journalism 40 points, JMG, University of Gothenburg 2000-01
- M.A. in history, 61-80 p, University of Gothenburg 2002
- B.A. in history, Latin and French, University of Gothenburg 1994-97
- Law, 40 p, University of Gothenburg 1996, 1998
- Sokrates-Erasmus student of history, University of Wales, Lampeter 1998-99
- Senior High School program in Liberal Arts, Schillerska Gymnasiet, Gothenburg, 1991-94
- Adobe Premiere and Photoshop, Batteri Kommunikation, 2017, 2018
- Creative Writing, ABF, 2008
- Web and graphic design, Contici, 2002
- Creative Writing, TBV 1996
- French, Institut de Touraine, 1993
- French, Annecy, 1992
- Writing articles, press releases, feature articles, copy texts
- Journalistic research
- Establishing new connections and maintaining long-lasting relations
- Taking press photos
- Producing online videos in Adobe premiere Elements
- Graphic design in InDesign, Quark Xpress and Photoshop
- Editor of two exhibition catalogues
- Translating texts between Swedish and English
- Designed or worked with web sites in html, InfoGlue, WordPress, Dreamweaver, Artisteer, Flash and Polopoly
- Written dissertations in history and Latin
- Studied history and French abroad together with students from all the world
- Experienced in learning new software
- Independently written analytical and argumentative essays in Swedish and English
- Basic understanding of the interpretation of Swedish Law
- Swedish driver’s license
- Editor, Gothenburg Natural History Museum, 2022
- Archivist, Sahlgrenska Academy, 2021
- Writer, Positiva Pengar, 2021
- Journalist on demand, 2008-
- Information officer, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, 2015-2020
- Copywriter, tolv.nollnoll, 2015
- Information officer and tutor in journalism, Karriär-Kraft Film & Media, 2013-2014
- Information officer, School of Global Studies, University of Gothenburg, 2012 – 2013
- Information officer, Green Cross Sweden, 2012
- Journalist, På Plats i Väster and Hälsa och friskvård, 2009- 2011
- Journalist, Alingsås Tidning, 2009
- Copy/Journalist/Translator, Xtrovert Media, 2007- 2008
- Writer, City Museum of Mölndal, 2004 – 2005
- Information officer, Sverige i Europa, 2003
- Web information officer, SOIC, 2002- 2003
- Web editor, internship gp.se 2001
- Journalist and reporter, internship Lysekilsposten 2001
- Senior high school teacher of Latin, Ållebergsgymnasiet, Falköping 1999 – 2000
- Cashier, marketing research assistant and factory worker, various summer and extra jobs 1991 – 2002
I am a humoristic and easy-going philosopher. I read a lot of books, papers and magazines. I enjoy eating healthy, working out at the gym regularly and walking. Especially interested in society, history, ethics and economy. I socialize a lot with my friends and family IRL or via social media.
- – References are available on demand